Jeffrey Gagne
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Hello (BiggerPockets) World!

Jeffrey Gagne
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jul 17 2018, 12:00

Hello,

My name is Jeff, I've been lurking on BiggerPockets for a bit over a month and decided I should introduce myself. I am currently residing in Denver, CO and am working as a property manager for a small company. I plan to have my real estate license with in the next month. 

I moved out here from Memphis with everything I could fit in my Jeep, no real plan. I put my nose to the grindstone and found my way here in Denver. It was my intention for years to get into real estate. I was given the chance to do that with my current company, and now I am looking to try my hand at brokering in the near future. With the completion of my license, I am moving closer to that.

I was also able to get into my first investment property this past year.

Now that you know a bit about me, I do have a bit of need for advice as far as my career goes. I really like where I work and I know there is growth here for me, but I would really like to get experience brokering. Is it common or recommended that I try and part time brokering while working full time at my property management position. I feel like I would really enjoy both commercial and residential, but I really would like to lean toward commercial. Would it behoove me to start with one for experience and move into the other?

I really appreciate any advice and very much looking forward to becoming an active participant here!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Loading replies...