Votes
Mohamed Hussein
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
New to Real Estate, afraid to start, and eager to learn

Mohamed Hussein
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jul 19 2018, 11:24

Hello All, my name is Mohamed and I am new to real estate. In fact, I am too afraid to start, but I would like to get going and jump on the train of real estate.

A Little about me, I have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a masters in Engineering Management. I also played sports during my college career (swimming), nationally and internationally. I participated in the Rio Olympics and four world championships as well as African games. Now that I retired from swimming and I am starting a new life with my fiance (soon to be married), I somehow got into reading about real estate and since then it clicked in my head that this is a new journey and I think I will really enjoy it. 

The main reason I am getting into real estate (hopefully sometime soon) is because I like math. I like the way I can look at a property and do some math and can almost give an estimate of how much profit this property can make. At the end of the day that is my job (yes an estimator), so mainly my job is looking at a project and coming up with a price and make a profit after all the work is done. I think my experience from school and my job can make me a really good investor and my experience in sports can me work very well with a team. 

I started out reading books and listening to podcasts and they all sound great and the dollar numbers shown are great numbers. However, I needed something more, a real investor who I can talk to or meet up with him/her to listen to their ideas about real estate. Almost every single book is saying how easy real estate investment is and I will be honest it sounds fun and easy, almost too good to be true. However, I want to show an investor my math calculations to make sure that I am not missing anything or else I will go crazy about the fact that this market is very profitable yet everyone is afraid of it. 

Anyways, the main thing here is that I am very curious and I would like to start with my first property by the end of this year.

I will keep you posted on what happens with my first purchase

Loading replies...