• Insurance Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Hello everyone I'm here now!

Jared Kampschroeder
  • Insurance Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Jul 19 2018, 21:21

Good morning, day or evening to you! My name is Jared Kampschroeder. I'm 28 years old and I live with my wife in the Hampton Roads area of VA. I recently joined the Bigger Pockets family thanks to a coworker of mine. This is obviously my first post so today I'm just here to introduce myself and hopefully my story won't be too long winded.

I was a massage therapist for 4 years before becoming bored and staying broke. From there I joined the military. I'm on the last year of my contract and for the past 4 I learned I needed to make a lot of changes or I would be broke indefinitely and without direction. I also need to stop changing jobs every 4 years! So a good friend of mine had me read Rich Dad Poor Dad and it was a life changer! He also got me started on some books on stocks and that's fine as a long term investment but I still needed to make money to keep feeding in to them for retirement. That's when another friend of mine let me borrow her copy of The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner. I'd like to think Brandon is now the best friend he doesn't know I have! I now own my own copy of his book, as well as several other books on property investing! And for good reason.

Two years ago I met my wife. You can say we definitely hit the ground running in our relationship and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me- at least until our son is born and takes that title in September! We just bought our first house and I believe we got a great deal. From here we want to look at small multifamily homes and have our first investment before I leave the military next May. Her military contract ends the year after and we hope to move to Florida and have at least two duplexes (or better) and dabble in flips or wholesaling before then. That's the plan thus far! I will have lots of questions I'm sure and I hope to answer a few with my limited experience as well. I hope to connect with some great people! Thanks for stopping by!

Loading replies...