New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Charlene Chow
Votes |
New to REI looking to house hack or for multi-family

Charlene Chow
Posted Jul 19 2018, 22:51

Hi everyone. My name is Charlene. I work as a Physician Assistant in the Bay Area, but am really looking to start investing in real estate and building my passive income.  My 5 year goal is to make enough in passive income to quit my job in order to spend more time with my two kids, travel more, and secure retirement. 

I'm brand new to REI, but have been listening to the BP Podcasts nonstop during my daily commutes and am extremely motivated to get going with this. Ideally to start, I would like to house hack a 2-4 unit property, but it feels nearly impossible here in the Bay Area given the crazy housing prices. I am partnering up with a friend, but don't know how to make it a fair proposition. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If house hacking doesn't pan out, we are also looking at buying a small multi-family (again 2-4 units) in several areas, including Sacramento, CA; Reno, NV; Everett, WA; Tacoma, WA.  If anybody has any contacts to start building our core 4 in these areas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can't wait to get started!  Thanks everyone!

Loading replies...