• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbia, SC
Votes |
Hello! New member interested in REI from Dayton/Cincinnati Area

Brandon W.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbia, SC
Posted Jul 23 2018, 19:47
Hello BP Community! I recently found BP through podcasts and it is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’m 28, finished grad school in 2015 and have been working full time for the last few years. In the past 3 years it’s become blatantly obvious I just can’t swallow the idea of working 40 hrs/week, 52 weeks a year, for the next 30+ years to simply retire and then explore other life opportunities at the ripe age of 60. The last few months I’ve been addicted to the thought of FI and early retirement and all the opportunities that come with it. So onto the questions.. I have roughly $10-15k of investable money that I’m comfortable using to explore new opportunities. I’m not sure how exactly I want to use it yet but I know it will be REI related- flipping, rentals, etc. the dilemma is I think I’d like to move south in the next year or so. I’m currently located in Dayton Cincinnati but always loved the southern climate. So what would you do if you were me? Can’t decide whether I should save more before moving to get a good investment property later or try to find something now? Is $10-15k enough to do anything with now? I don’t have any debt other than my current mortgage. Also should note, I’m a veteran so I do have the VA loan I could use to put $0 down. Maybe get a property with $0 down VA loan and use the $10-15k to use to rehab? Im no contractor but I’m decent with general paint, plumbing, electrical, etc. Really not sure what to do here. Appreciate any advice you have. Happy to be here and excited to get started on this journey. Definitely planning on attending the next meet ups in Cincinnati and Dayton. Thanks in advance! Brandon

Loading replies...