New Member - Boston & Hartford

6 Replies

Hi!

I'm a new member, just moved to Boston. I work downtown at a big brokerage firm (think CBRE, C&W, JLL). 

I am looking to start a portfolio. In the process of getting an LLC and looking into an FHA loan for my first investment property.

@Drew Dahlberg house hacking is one of the best ways to start. Take advantage of low down payment, reduced cost of living, building equity, and experience. I started with my first purchase just two years ago in Quincy. Always happy to share my experiences, so if you’ve got any specific questions feel free to reach out and ask.

Hi Drew,

Just a heads up, using an LLC to purchase a property via FHA could be a potential set back for you. FHA is for first time buyers that are owner occupying. You would not be able to purchase as an investment property. I would recommend using FHA to get into the game as an OO property and then using that to snowball into more properties down the road. Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you