Police Officer in Northern Utah

4 Replies

Well hello there Bigger Pockets!! Brand new member here from Northern Utah. I've been a Police Officer for about 15 years, I'm married and have 4 awesome tax credits.....er, children, and no pets. We're a YouTuber family with the best follower family in the world. I've been searching for years on how to get out of the rat race and stumbled onto BP on YouTube a few weeks ago. I haven't stopped consuming everything I can get my hands on pertaining to Real Estate Investing since. Excited to be here and for what's to come!

Good for you. I was a highway cop in California for 25 years in LA and the Bay Area, 18 on a motor before retiring as a Sergeant. I spent 10 years preaching to my guys to put their overtime checks into real estate instead of into jet-skies and vacations. I was able to retire 5 years early by having rentals pay for my military buyback. After stumbling onto bigger pockets figured I could have retired 10 years earlier. Good luck and prosperity to you.

Thank you Steve and Amanda! That’s awesome Steve, congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service. I’m about five years away from retirement now and wish I had started down this path earlier. But I’m still in my 30s so I know there’s time to get to work and make some things happen. 

As of right now I'm looking at using a HELOC to get into a small Multifamily for our first investment. Still studying though and will nail down a strategy hopefully within the next few months.

Welcome to the forum Ben! This is a powerhouse for knowledge. I have learned soo much here and continue to learn more. I am looking for small multifamilies as well, good luck to you and glad your here, this place is awesome!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you