New Member in Alaska

9 Replies

Hello!

My name is Michael and I'm a real estate investor in Alaska. I currently own 1 SF, 1 MF and looking to add.

Right now I'm trying to build a team including a real estate agent, lender, contractors, and a mentor. I currently have a spouse and close friend who will be investing with me. 

In the next few months I would like to have purchased another investment property whether its a buy and hold or fix-and-flip. 

Thank you for all the content everyone provides!!

Welcome to the forums. While you can find an answer to almost every question in here, both podcasts are a great educational resource if you haven’t checked them out. 

Originally posted by @Connor Dunham :

Welcome to the forums. While you can find an answer to almost every question in here, both podcasts are a great educational resource if you haven’t checked them out. 

Thank you Connor! I've listened to about 30+ podcasts but need to start tackling my booklist. 

@Michael Burlison Welcome indeed! I am an investor first myself - having been around managing multi-family properties since I hit 16 years and could drive! I'd love to be part agent part mentor if you want to add me to your team. I love the chance to share what I've learned and to serve people. @Connor Dunham on here already is proving to be a great guy to be connected to as well. 

-- Jamie

Hi I have used Kris Hughes for MF with Homestate Mortgage.  Very Make it Happen minded and very aggressive in terms of keeping realtors in line.  I will use her again.  

Hello! @Michael Burlison

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you