Votes
Naresh A. Sookraj
  • Loxahatchee, FL
Votes |
Looking for some good advice and my backstory

Naresh A. Sookraj
  • Loxahatchee, FL
Posted Aug 1 2018, 07:40

Hi! My name is Naresh A. Sookraj and I'm 18 years old. Just graduated High School about 2 months ago and I've been thinking for a long time what to do with my life. The first thing I decided was to be a Software Developer so I took classes for it for 2 years and just thinking to myself this really isn't for me so I tried different things I took classes in JROTC had a thought about going into the military so I did research on that, Then I took a Forensic Science and Health Science classes I thought it was very interesting, loved that class a lot. But it was really after I graduated high school and started thinking seriously about what to do with my life I had just turned 18 and I got a job working at a U-Haul. I still was in that thought thinking to myself follow what everyone else does to be successful, go to college and eventually you'll work for someone that pays you good. I did Dual Enrollment during high school and completed a college course Speech class. 

But one day I was watching a video about Passive Income and I really did think to myself that makes a whole lot of sense. I learned about a different way how to think about money like if I didn't spend x amount of dollars on food or a drink I actually gained money for myself. I started doing more and more research I was excited I was like wow. Eventually I got to the point where I was thinking to myself "Most people in the work place are spending most of their lives working and only when retirement comes can they actually enjoy life to the fullest". I started watching videos and eventually came up to the topic of Investing in real estate and that really changed my life.

All the other careers before I thought to myself that's a good option, that's something that could be worth it but with Real Estate Investing and all these other lessons about money I felt like something awoke inside me, something motivated me so much that I had never felt before. I'm really passionate about how I can get started how I can start this dream. I've watched videos from countless people who are successful and their always saying stuff like you can start by wholesaling or getting a lease option and I've even heard stories of people saving money to buy a house in full then renting it out to tenants I've even heard a story of it's not worth it to buy single family homes go for multiple units.

I'm eager to get started and I feel very confident that this is my future. I just need help on where to begin. Thanks for reading this.

Loading replies...