New to Bigger Pockets!

3 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Albert Lee. I am a real estate agent in Atlanta, Ga. I have been on Bigger Pockets for awhile now, mostly listening to the podcasts, but finally decided to introduce myself and become active in the forums. Hopefully I will be connecting with many of you guys as I start this journey towards real estate investing!

Hello Albert and thank you for deciding to be more visible.  That is an important step to make and hopefully, you are gaining more confidence with your learning.  If you have not gained that yet, you probably will.  I've been a member of this site for about 5 years and if I wasn't still bedridden and not walking yet I would probably have taken some action which is one of the next big things.  I do not know if you have listened to him alone yet but I have been listening to Brandon for at least 4 years on his own show.

I have had plenty of time on my hands since I had my unexpected medical problems when I was 54, just 2 days before my scheduled preventive head surgery to prevent my brain annurism which I had plus a stroke.  I was lucky to be at home and my wife was there and probably lucky to still be alive and being still taken care of by my wife.  She is obviously getting tired of me and I'm lucky that she is a computer programmer and has gotten a big favor by her boss to help me out.

That is enough about me, I could probably write a book about my experience and I have not mentioned how proud I am about my 22 year old Daughter and that she has one semester before her college graduation at the University of Arkansas.  She has made The Dean's List 3 semesters in a row and it's about some kind of Engineering that I don't really understand.  One more thing right now, we share the same last name  and the spelling of it too!

Let me just say that there is one other item besides learning you must have, and that is bravery.  That is what I usually see that it is what it takes to be successful.  You need it to be successful and that one little thing is really a big thing you need to be successful at real estate sales.  It's that as well as continual education and creativityis what it takes.  If you contain those two things you will be successful.  

If you are too honest it will hurt you too.  I have had to understand that to become successful for many. especially those that use the Internet their way to become successful and do it by taking advantage of others and know how to be successful by making emotional or fearful sales.  This may be hard for you to believe but that is the way most of us are grown up and have been brainwashed.

I'm not just a dumb young man.  I'm a 61 year old man that has done much learning for the last seven years.  That includes reading a book about every two weeks,  and using the Internet 12 to 14 hours on the Internet each day, 7 days a week for over 7 years and still recovering slowly.  I have about 30 years of construction management experience as well as having a real estate broker license for about 30 years too.  I also graduated from college with honors in business which emphasized real estate.  I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas.

If all of that does not convince you that I know what I know what I'm talking about, nothing probably will.  If you would like to know anything I can help you with that you think I can, please contact me through this site because I am on it just about every day.

Good luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you