New member in Hampstead, NC - New to REI and excited to learn

4 Replies

Hello Everyone. Recently moved closer to Wilmington with my wife and two children two months ago. Completely new to real estate investing and excited to learn.

Having no prior background, what made me interested in real estate was the idea of investing in something tangible. I'm currently reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and wanting to learn all I can.

I'd like to have my first property within six months. My ultimate goal is to create multiple streams of income for my family and not be dependent on my job.

My job is in a completely different industry, which I've grown tired of. With so many ways to invest, I'm thinking of starting with rentals.

I'll soon be joining a local REIA and hoping to meet and learn from everyone I can. This site has so much to offer and looking forward to soaking it all in.

Currently Interests:

• Investing in first property
  • Investing locally
  • Building my network

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you