New owners don't want to change title under their name

1 Reply

Sorry if im not posting this in the correct place im not too sure where to ask these kinds of questions,  but id really appreciate any advice.  I bought my first Mobile home about a year ago and i had to sell it within 2 months for personal reasons,  i never sent the title in for new ownership and i sold it to my front neighbors with paperwork i had from it. I gave them the real owner's cell so they can have ownership of the mobile home but they refuse to meet up and get it under their name. I thought this issue was resolved but i recently found out it hasn't and the owner of the mobile home is upset because of past due taxes for the year.  What can we do? Can we pick up the mobile home? Or can he resign ownership?, so he is not having to get these taxes..... can i get in trouble?  Please help it's my first time dealing with a mobile home title and im clueless. ... thanks in advance. Btw if its any help im from Texas.

Originally posted by @Berenise Amaya :

Sorry if im not posting this in the correct place im not too sure where to ask these kinds of questions,  but id really appreciate any advice.  I bought my first Mobile home about a year ago and i had to sell it within 2 months for personal reasons,  i never sent the title in for new ownership and i sold it to my front neighbors with paperwork i had from it. I gave them the real owner's cell so they can have ownership of the mobile home but they refuse to meet up and get it under their name. I thought this issue was resolved but i recently found out it hasn't and the owner of the mobile home is upset because of past due taxes for the year.  What can we do? Can we pick up the mobile home? Or can he resign ownership?, so he is not having to get these taxes..... can i get in trouble?  Please help it's my first time dealing with a mobile home title and im clueless. ... thanks in advance. Btw if its any help im from Texas.

Whomever is on title has complete control unless there is a contract that says otherwise. I have no idea what each party has agreed to nor what is actually in writing. It is a typical contract dispute and an attorney can figure it out in an hour's consultation.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you