Hi! Getting my feet wet in Ogden Utah!

2 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm Mark and I'm new to the game and just came to say hi. My wife, Liz, and I live in South Ogden, UT and are just getting started. My wife got her realtors license in December 2017 and has had a few good deals. Now, I'd like to start investing in SFR's and small Multi-family rentals to help secure our retirement. I'm a mechanical engineer by day, so this is a totally new world for me.

Anyone else have experience in Weber County and the surrounding areas? How have things been going for you? I just listened to the podcast with Jason and Carrie Harris from Utah County and it gave me some hope for finding deals in Utah.

Thanks for reading!

Hi Mark & Liz,

Welcome to BP and the wonderful world of investing.  There's quite a range of markets in Weber County and North Davis.  Having a Realtor in the family definitely gives you a leg up.

I'd recommend making a weekend sport of going to as many vacant properties as you can.  In Ogden in particular, condition plays a large factor and it's difficult to get a feel for these properties unless you can see them physically.

Also, there's a local Real Estate Investors Association that's a great way to network offline (nureia.org) (Disclosure: I'm on the board).

Good luck and let us know if we can help!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you