California, Chico State student

2 Replies

Hello,

My name is Kenny Dutton. I am a few weeks in to my 2nd year as a civil engineering major at CSU Chico. I have been listening to the podcast regularly for months and I am ready to get into real estate as early as I can. I enjoy civil engineering, but after my first internship I know I don't want a 9-5. That being said I plan to get my degree anyway because the starting salary will be a good foundation to start investing in real estate. 

Currently I am working with my girlfriend (business major at Chico State, also committed to real estate, living together now, plan to house hack asap) and some friends from a business fraternity to start Chico State's first real estate club. Our faculty adviser is an investor and a leader of a local real estate club. I see this club as an opportunity to build a network and to learn from many experienced investors in our area. Also it will be awesome have a part in forming the club that will hopefully help students in the future see the value of real estate and get involved.

I joined Biggerpockets to expand my network and to be a part of the resource I have been going to for all of my questions. I am interested in learning more about wholesaling. It is discussed on the podcast often I have been thinking that it may be a way to get active in real estate while in college. 

Nice to meet you all!

@Kenny Dutton Welcome!  You are off to a good start. you are welcome to view any of my projects when I am flipping a house. I feel its always good to see some local projects as they are happening. Good luck and keep us posted.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you