1031 Exchange Property search

2 Replies

Hello BP Members,

I live in Broomfield, CO (15 min north of Denver) and I have owned a duplex in Englewood, CO for 15 years and recently sold it in order to pursue a 1031 Exchange into a mobile home park out of state. I did quite a bit of diligence, traveled to inspect the property, paid for sewer scoping etc and in the end, my revised offer was apparently too low ($10K of a $445K property!) and they backed out and took another offer.  

So here I am with just under a month to find another property to invest my money to avoid paying taxes.  My first priority would be a MHP out of state (so I can afford it!), between 20-50 (mostly if not all!) tenant owned units on city water and sewer.  Second choice is a 4 plex in CO with tenants!  I know this is what everyone wants, but I’m under a crunch with the 1031 time frame and figured I’d ask the experts.

I’m looking for anything in the $350,000 to $600,000 range.  If you know of anything or have something you’re doing off market, I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks for any help!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you