RE: Residential or Commercial Sales - New Realtor

3 Replies

@Dale Largie, I like commercial so just jump right in. I should have started there but I have been in residential sales for 23 years and its too late for me to change. I just dont want to start over. I think commercial offers much more upside and you can make more money per deal. You are also working with less emotional clients and ones that are making more of a financial decision verses worrying about the color of the walls or what kind of flooring is in the living room.

@Alex Deacon , greatly appreciated. Those were my thoughts as I studied for the exam. Commercial real estate was much more appealing, probably due to my accounting background that allowed me to have an in-depth understanding of the nuances of commercial real estate. 

Thank you.

@Dale Largie, commercial in the long run IMO is the way to go especially if you like working with more cerebral clients and less emotional. Plus the income side of things could be greater.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you