• Wichita, KS
Votes |
Novice from Wichita, KS

Daniel Rutherford
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Sep 22 2018, 19:18

Hello BP!

Like the title says, I am a novice (soon-to-be) investor in the Wichita, KS market.  I am a "measure 50,000 times, cut once" kind of guy, so I consider myself still into the fact-finding stage of my journey.  The worst thing for me would be to jump into something half-cocked.  Hopefully I'll see most of you around the forum as I ask hopefully-not-so-dumb questions.  I will do my best to search out old forum threads to avoid re-asking already-answered questions.

I'm an engineer by trade and am mostly looking for investment opportunities.  I don't need a huge passive income currently, but I do hope to build up my portfolio in the years to come to increase my net worth and maybe have supplemental income down the road.  I enjoy my 9-5 and plan to keep grinding in my career, so my goal is not to quit my job.  As Brandon Turner often says, I'm in the hunt for eventual financial freedom.

My main investment option will be buy and hold properties with the immediate target being turnkey properties or units with minimal rehab costs.  There seems to be a good amount of property options in my market, so hopefully I can get my feet wet in the next year.

I willing to chat with anyone who's interested in welcoming another newbie to the fold.

Loading replies...