New Member from Houston, TX

4 Replies

Hello biggerpockets community!  

My name is Ethan and I am from the Houston, TX area.  I am currently a Sales Director for an industrial construction company and I am looking to get into real estate investing.  After much research, podcasts, and conversations with other investors, I think that I would like to work in the multifamily space.  While I have never invested in real estate other than my own homes through the years, many of my family members have.  I am very familiar with the real estate market in general.

I welcome anyone's feedback about that particular area of focus.  Do you recommend that in this marketplace?  What first steps do you recommend?  I am open to hearing from anyone with more experience.

Thank you!

That's how I started.  I did sales in Houston.  Did pretty well.  Was worried that if my job went *poof*, I'd have no income (and savings only last so long, and F a bunch of getting another real job).

So I started buying multi in Houston.  I knew ZERO.  It's not as hard as it looks.  Just start looking, get to know the market.  The players.  And when you see a deal that works, jump on it. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you