New to Real Estate Investing

2 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Christopher Lynn but I go by Chris. I am a Manager at Publix here in Tampa Fl. I moved down here three years ago with my wife and we bought a house in the Riverview area just over a year ago. I have always been a big fan of personal finance and used Dave Ramsey’s plan to get completely out of debt (other than my mortgage). Several months ago I got really into learning about real estate investing and have become obsessed. I’ve starting reading books and listening to podcasts on the subject every day. My goal like most others is to achieve financial freedom through real estate and get out of the rat race as Robert Kiyosaki would say. My goal is to do so primarily through rentals and occasional flips. Just ready to start looking for deals. Hoping to buy my first small multi family property in 2019. I plan to continue learning every day and hope to connect with like-minded individuals here on bigger pockets.

@Chris Lynn Congrats on getting completely out of debt! Keep taking in all the educational info you can before you take the plunge and buy your first place. Run the numbers and walk a lot of properties prior to as well so you can get a feel of what kind of returns to expect in the different areas. I've heard Tampa has been going through somewhat of a renaissance the past few years with a lot of areas starting to gentrify. Sounds like a good market to be in. 

Welcome, @Chris Lynn ! So glad you've rediscovered Bigger Pockets early in your real estate investing journey...sounds like you and your wife already have a solid plan for your financial future. Kudos on the debt-free living!

A few tips that may be helpful to you here on the BP website:

You can set up keyword alerts so anytime someone posts about Tampa or any of the other markets you're evaluating, you'll be notified. That could be a great way to find and stay engaged with local investors, realtors and opportunities. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

You can also search for other investors or brokers in your market and follow their journey on Bigger Pockets here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Best of luck to you and look forward to following your success on BP!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you