Beginner wholesale flipping

3 Replies

Im new in the industry and wanting to learn to do wholesaling houses. Where do you begin and what the first steps you need to take. I have 5,000 to start just need some guidance. Thanks in advance

Hi Ethan, it all depends on how much education you have to date. I would start listening to as many podcast as you can to understand the industry. I personally like the podcast from Wholesaling Inc. While your doing that I would start networking with people at your local REIs as you need to build up an investor network as well as meet others in the industry. There are a ton of ways to find a deal. Listen to some podcast and figure out what way you would want to focus on and go all in on that path.

Good luck!

Matt

@Ethan A Bast , I would suggest to figure out what your monthly for the marketing medium that you will be using. 2nd, have you chosen a niche to focus on. And finally, work on building relationships with buyers (building your buyers list) finding out what they want, where they want it, and their all in buy price. Get great at 1 thing (vacants, abandoned, pre-forclosure for example) and what ever opportunities you come across that are not what you're currently focused on, partner with someone that is to learn how to do those type of deals (50 - 50 split). - Example: if your focused on Vacant properties and you come across a seller finance situation, partner with someone that just does seller finance. A) you don't lose the leads, b) you learn how to structure seller finance deals, c) you still help the owner d) you still earn while you learn. 50% of something is better that 100% of nothing. - Hope this helps in some way.

Thank you very much. I am brsnd new and dont much of the terms or anything but will start with podcasts and learn the basics. Thanks for the commentd and encouragment. I know there will be many unexpected turns and ready to embrace this road

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you