Sean Portune
  • Morgantown, WV
Votes |
Re-Introduction - Moved to Morgantown, West Virginia

Sean Portune
  • Morgantown, WV
Posted Oct 20 2018, 14:18

Hi Everyone!

I am re-introducing myself since I have recently moved to Morgantown, West Virginia to relocate for work.

My name is Sean Portune, I am 23 years old and am just starting my real estate investing journey. I recently graduated college and started my career as a mechanical engineer and have recently decided that while I love my job I don't want to work for the rest of my life, and real estate investing makes the most sense to me in order to gain financial freedom before I turn 60.

I have been reading a ton of real estate books and discovered the bigger pockets book on rental property investing which gave me a great introduction to all the topics and possibilities in real estate. To get my journey started I figured out a goal and a plan to get there, so here it goes!

My goal is to obtain $70,000 in passive income with a long term buy and hold strategy withing the next 10 years.

I want to achieve this so that I can comfortably travel the world and gain life experiences, spend more time with friends and family, and pursue any other goals or interests without having to rely on a full time job.

I will focus on small multifamily properties and single family homes in the short term and possibly trade them in Monopoly boardgame style for a larger apartment complex in the future. I plan to by 1 property in year 1, 2 in year 2, 3 in year 3, and so on with a final goal of 10 properties paid in full all generating passive cash flow. Since I have a full time job I will start with traditional mortgages and use savings from my job as well as cashflow from the rentals to finance future properties with traditional or hard money lenders as my portfolio grows.

I'm extremely excited to see where this journey takes me, I look forward to connecting with you all here on the forums and learning as much as I can before jumping in head first!

All the best,

Sean 

Loading replies...