Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

Future CT Lawyer/Wanna be Real Estate Investor

Posted Nov 15 2018, 08:34

Hello all,

My name is MarcAnthony, but all of my friends call me Marc for short, and I am in my third year of law school in CT. Growing up in CT I found the state to be rather boring so when college came around I left the state and went to school in Baltimore, MD at Loyola University. After college, I knew I wanted to pursue my law degree and I ended up back in CT because I missed my very large Italian family (also law school is f***ing expensive so financially it made a lot of sense). Well now that I'm quickly approaching my last semester of law school and soon will be facing the real world, I have recently been turning more attention to my financial future. Not that I was neglecting it before, but the pressure is on because soon I will be "fully adulting." Anyways, while focusing more and more on my financial future I was bitten by the real estate investing bug. Recently, I have been reading several of Brandon Turner's books from BiggerPockets and am starting to map out my plan to begin investing in real estate. I hope to start with a single-family or small multi-family home and work my way up from there. 

For those of you who have already started your investing journey, any advice you have for someone in my position? Also, for those of you located in Connecticut, are there any good networking groups/organizations that I could get involved in? 

Thanks for the help (to whoever reads this and responds) and hope everyone has Happy Thanksgiving next week.

Best Regards,

Marc

Loading replies...