New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Isabel Garcia
Votes |
First home purchased on fha loan. Can we airbnb prior to move in

Isabel Garcia
Posted Nov 17 2018, 13:11

hello! My husband and i purchased our very first home on an fha loan. We are still obligated to finish out our lease in our current apartment in dec. We are toying with the idea of using airbnb full time till our actual lease end date. We will move on to renting our home out on weekends and thought this would be a great way to test the waters. My question is since we technically don't have to occupy our home until 60 days from purchase date, could we use airbnb until our actual move in date? 

Thanks so much. We hope to gain 20% equity by the end of this year using airbnb and paying off the principal by that much. Then plan to refinance using fha streamline or airbnb refi. But we want to be certain we do everything legally. And our hope is to begin purchasing homes for airbnb purposes as it has taken off in our hometown. But starting off with just weekends in our primary residence. Gaining 20% equity in our home to refi and get our pmi taken off and then purchasing another home either with conventional for sole purpose of investing in airbnb or fha for second home as our family increases(we are planning for baby #2 this year) and purposely bought a 2 bedroom.(we have one little babe at the moment) Please also share thoughts and insight as we are still very new. Thanks

Loading replies...