• Long Island, NY
Votes |
New to Real Estate on Long Island

Russ DiGrigoli
  • New to Real Estate
  • Long Island, NY
Posted Jan 23 2019, 08:07

Hello all!

Russ here and I am new to this whole world. Long Island (Suffolk County) born and raised, I currently work as a Physics teacher. I am big into tennis, snowboarding, and hiking. My most recent endeavor is learning how to rock climb. If you haven't tried it, give it a go, you won't regret it...maybe unless you have a deathly fear of heights. So go overcome it!

I am still in my research phase and attempting to learn as much as possible before diving in. I've been listening to the BP podcast for a few weeks now and I've managed to create a backlog of a few books that I am currently working my way through.

I have some very basic experience setting up and running a tutoring company (albeit a small one). The idea of running my own business and using my money to generate passive income is something that just seems like a no-brainer to me. So, time to set everything up and achieve the goal!

I am interested in buying and holding in order to be a landlord for my properties (I am looking to keep it simple at the start with single family homes). I know the Long Island area is an expensive one so any advice from current investors in the area would help out a ton!

I have never made a real estate deal, but I am beginning to venture out into my market and physically look at properties that I have assessed online. I hope this will give me a better idea for the market I'm in and provide experience in assessing properties more quickly. As time goes on I hope to make connections that allow me delve deeper into the real estate market here on the island.

(I am also considering, once gaining some experience, going the remote route on rentals, so Long Island is not a limiting factor!)

Loading replies...