User Stats

Votes
Brett Taylor
Votes |
Newbie From Northern VA

Brett Taylor
Posted Jan 23 2019, 19:57

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Brett Taylor and I am new to the site and real estate in general. I will readily admit that I am in the beginning stages of my real estate journey. With that being said, I am excited to learn everything I can about investing and generating positive cash flow that my wife and I can live off of in the future. 

I am currently working outside of the USA on a contract with the US Military, which is generating some nice income that I want to use to invest. I am currently using my income to take advantage of another income stream through the local gemstone market, which I plan to use for investing in real estate. I have about 7k saved up and another 17k in assets i.e. stocks and gemstones. When I return home I would like to have close to 80k saved up between my assets and money market account. However I think the more realistic number is closer to 60k, but I am a dreamer! Below is a little advantage/challenge list that I believe I am currently dealing with. Any insight the community can provide to getting started would be much appreciated! 

Advantages: 

Making over 100k.

Savings close to 25k.

Growing knowledge of investment and generating cash flow. 

Ready to learn from the best. 

Challenges: 

I am a complete real estate newbie.

Northern VA market appears to be really expensive.

Need to get my wife on board. 

Networking is a skill I need to improve upon. 

These are just a few advantages and challenges I feel I am facing. However I know there are plenty more that I just can't think of at the moment. Any insight, help and knowledge will be welcomed by a guy with a complete willingness to learn and grow. 

Thanks!

Loading replies...