• Jacksonville, NC
Votes |
Out of State? Try Out of Continent!

Brandon Ross
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jacksonville, NC
Posted Feb 9 2019, 18:48

Greetings BP!

We all know the basics of this post: I'm new, like new new. so, lets get to the interesting part. I am originally from Oregon and currently stationed in North Carolina in the Marine Corps. Within the next year I will be serving oversees for three straight years. During that time I would like to invest my extra time and money into a solid real estate portfolio. Hungry is a good word to describe me.  When I'm not working I spend my time in the gym, running, reading, and pursuing excellence in all that I do. Oh, and I love the outdoors.

Why real estate? 

My Office In charge (OIC) introduced me to the idea of investing in real estate as he is an accomplished investor. Immediately the idea rang with me. I value my time and the connections I have with friends and family. What better way to provide for my future family while spending time with them than financial independence? Real estate investing seems to me to proportionally pay off what you put in and I am eager to burn the midnight oil.

Plans, Strategies, Market?

That's Why I'm here! Ideally I would like to use the BRRRR method and creative finance to build a portfolio large enough to "retire" by 2030. I am currently looking into renting single family homes and duplexes and expanding from there as my experience grows.

I guess that pretty much sums it all up nutshell*. Let's connect and work together to grow!

*Fun fact: Oregon is the largest producer of Hazel nuts in the United States by like 98%. The United States is the third largest producer of Hazelnuts in the world. 

Loading replies...