User Stats

Votes
Chris Battaglia
Votes |
New Hopeful Investor in Syracuse, NY

Chris Battaglia
Posted Feb 23 2019, 07:52

Hey Everyone!

I'm an aspiring real estate investor in Syracuse, NY (Baldwinsville specifically). Like many others, I read Rich Dad in late 2018 and found BP shortly after. I travel a lot for work, so I've been crushing BP podcasts during the commute and reading BP books in my spare time. I'm still learning as much as possible, but my goal is to have a SF or duplex under contract by end of June 2019.

I currently own a home with my wife Meghan in Baldwinsville, NY and it was the second home I purchased (July 2018). If I had been more educated on REI, I absolutely would have kept my first house for a rental! Not knowing it at the time, I house hacked my starter home for about 6 months with a roommate before I met my now wife around 5 years ago. Real estate has always been interesting to me but now that I'm learning more about it I can't wait to get started!

My education is in accounting and I worked for a CPA firm and private company doing that for 4 years but decided it was not for me. I worked as a sales rep for 2 years after that but have since transitioned into being the Director of Operations for a large scrap metal recycling company. For any flippers or rehabbers, do not give your metal away for free!! You are missing out on what could be a substantial amount of money in scrap metal. Any questions on metals and how to get the most money for your materials when bringing to a scrap yard, feel free to reach out to me in a message.

In my limited spare time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and our 5 year old German Shepherd. My hobbies include anything with an engine, especially cars, and mountain biking. I look forward to interacting with everyone and hope to meet anyone local to me in person soon.

Loading replies...