Votes
Jon Roberts
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Newbie from Kansas City, Missouri

Jon Roberts
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Mar 10 2019, 12:20

Hi everyone.  My name is Jon Roberts, and I am from Kansas City, Missouri.  I don't have much experience in real estate unless you count the multiple hours of providing low-cost and free labor for my dad's rental business when I was younger.  I've always been interested in real estate investing because of my dad's background in it, but I didn't get serious until he offered to help me buy a new business or start my own last year.  I talked to my wife about it and considered buying a business, but I always seemed to come back to real estate.  My goal for this year is to purchase my first investment property and I'm currently trying to figure out how to make that a reality.

Currently, I work as an economic development consultant at one of the largest CPA firms in the Midwest.  I enjoy what I do now, but I don't want to spend my whole life working in the corporate world.  Over the past 2 months, I've been learning as much as I can about real estate through the BiggerPockets podcast and several books, but I know there is a limit to what I can learn using these tools.  Introducing myself here felt like a logical next step.  I really look forward to getting more involved in the BiggerPockets community!

Loading replies...