User Stats

Votes
Paul Williams
Votes |
Another Newbie from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Paul Williams
Posted Apr 15 2019, 10:53

Hi All,

I'm very new to real estate investing.  I was looking for info on building and selling in-fills and came upon BP by accident by falling down the rabbit hole of youtube.  I came across one of the podcasts and was inspired.  It's very encouraging that such a community exists!  I'm now trying to decide if I want to buy and hold or build and flip.

I have worked in Alberta's oil industry for 14 years and am finally trying to get some more of my equity working to make money for me.  The more I read on this site the more I realize that I have a lot of useful skills in this industry.  My father was a contractor, so I've been building and renovating all my life (on my own homes), also I've owned one rental house for almost 10 years now.  I always looked at it as kind of a burden as I just sort of fell into it, but I'm starting to realize all the valuable lessons that managing that property has taught me.

Anyway, I love meeting new people, so if there is anyone local on here that would like to get together for a coffee hit me up!  Investors, realtors, construction people, accountants, whatever, let's chat!

Loading replies...