Newbie from Delaware

1 Reply

Hi everybody, i love the site and hope to meet new people. i also hope to learn alot. i do have a question, i'm interested in wholesaling and wanted to know once you think u have a good deal why is it you can not do a title search until AFTER u sign the purchase contract. it there r bad liens on the house wouldn't it cut into your profit. thanks for your help, anglewings

Wholesaling is a numbers game. 9 out of 10 good potential deals, you won't get a contract on. If you were doing title work on 90 properties to only buy 10, your title agent wouldn't like you. :crying: They would probably expect you to pay for all those searches, too, which would really cut into your profits.

Liens against a property are the responsibility of the seller to take care of. Of course all things are negotiable in a contract, but normally you don't see a buyer paying for title issues of a seller. They normally come out of the seller's proceeds from the sale. If the liens are more than the seller is going to net then the deal is normally dead.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you