Votes
Holden M Lombard
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Starting in the Chicago Area - 60628

Holden M Lombard
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 17 2019, 21:56

Hi All, I'm excited to get started in real estate investing. A little about me so you know who you're responding to: I'm a Notre Dame grad, Chicago Public Schools Physics Teacher, originally from New Orleans, La. I'm brand spanking new but I've listened to many BP podcasts and short videos, I've read several books, I've been lurking on here for a bit trying to absorb the great insight from the community, and I've done my best to analyze what I know to look for. Now I would like to ask you all about a potential first deal, is it as good as I think it is?...thank you in advance for your help... Here we go:

- West Roseland area of Chicago, 60628

- Turn Key 2 Flat, 3BR 1 Bath in each apartment, unfinished basement

- Complete gut renovation last month by seller (everything except the roof is new)

- Section 8 inspection completed by seller

- Property management company hired by seller to conduct all business with tenants at 8% rental income per month. This company claims to have 2 vetted and qualified section 8 tenants ready to move in at 1150/month post closing

- Asking price is 165k

- 27,600 annual income

- I qualify for a grant that will cover the down payment and seller will cover closing costs. 

- Here are my generously estimated annual expenses

Electric0
Gas0
Water ($2.01/1000gal)482.4
Sewage (100% of Water)482.4
Trash ($114/dwelling)342
Property Management (8%)2208
HOA0
Lawn/Snow900
Mortgage18000
Vacancy (8%)2208
Repairs1200

What do you guys think? What am I leaving out?

Loading replies...