Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Fien
Votes |
New Member: 19 Years Old - Looking for Guidance

Patrick Fien
Posted May 21 2019, 15:02

Hello everybody, my name is Patrick and I recently discovered the Bigger Pockets podcasts on Google in my search of good resources to learn about real estate. I made myself a promise about a year ago that I want to in the long run end up working for myself and since then have been looking for ways to earn and invest my money. I have been working on flipping some cars recently and working on a social media marketing team with a friend that supports political campaigns. I have recently decided that I want to learn and get involved in real estate, I am 19, in school at James Madison University and motivated to get going. I have told myself I have 3 years until I have to really look at getting into the working sector and want to avoid this as much as possible. My questions are as follows.

Any recommendations for a young person such as myself just getting into real estate? 

Obviously I do not have much money to put into real estate currently but I have MORE than enough time... where do I put this time? Who do I look for to mentor me, etc? (My mom does work at a real estate firm and I have a few connections ready to go if need be)

Honestly, anything is greatly appreciated .. thank you!

Loading replies...