Hungry Newbie from Atlanta/Norcross, Georgia

1 Reply

Hello everyone! I am honored to be part of this community! Being completely new to the world of real estate investing, I would love to find a mentor or partner that I can work with and learn from. I have just finished reading BP's book How to Invest in Real Estate and I am inspired to begin a long term learning journey. Possibly with wholesaling or flipping and then wherever this journey takes me. I currently work full time as an IT technician and would love to help, if you have a business or current projects that require computer skills, I am at your disposal! Let's connect!

Hi @Itzel Barron and welcome to BiggerPockets!

The fastest way to become comfortable with the business of investing is to look at many, many deals.

I would recommend you focus on increasing your deal flow: That is, the number of potential deals you see and analyze on a regular basis. Aim for at least 2 - 5 per week, with the goal being to be able to recognize a great deal within minutes of reviewing the numbers.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you