• Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Trying all avenues in order to do real estate investing

Nathan Cross
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Jun 24 2019, 19:43

I have recently completed 2 flips in my local area. Both being on the market and under contract in less than 10 days! Yes I know its a sellers market, but still think that’s pretty good. I am sure like everyone knows, finding the deals is getting tougher by the day. But that’s ok, it just takes a little bit more hustle, motivation and dedication to get a deal done. So during these last few months, the number of offers I am putting in (more now since I am working with a partner), is around 10 a week. I always stick to the numbers, since math is non emotional. Have come to find many are getting rejected (not surprised since these offers are low for sure), but we keep putting them in. We have just completed our first marketing champaign around 1500 mailers sent out. We have also cold called and text about 250 or so numbers. So far I have gotten three leads from the calling and texting alone. The issue or not really an issue more of the problem set is this. 

With these properties I am recently getting leads on, is that they are more of a BRRR type properties. I make sure I run the numbers through the bigger pockets calculators and send this to the partner I am currently working with. He understands the numbers as well, but is more looking for the bang of the flips. Especially since I let him get his beak wet in this last deal, which he made $17K his half.

Every one of these properties I run all the scenarios that could play out. Can we flip them, rehab them turn key and sell to buy and hold investors, or can we just BRRR them out ourselves. I am wondering if I am trying to work into too many different folds of the game? I know that I am more than capable to run either one of these scenarios during the rehab, since in this partnership I handle all the rehab and dealing with the contractors and subs.

Am I trying to do too much is my question? I know that holding real estate is the way to build wealth in the long run, but needing to build capital in order to get into B class areas is where my goal is to be. 

Loading replies...