New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Giang V.
Votes |
Newbie from Carson, CA looking to start investing in real estate

Giang V.
Posted Jun 27 2019, 23:06

Hello!  My name is Luu and I currently reside in Carson, CA.  I've been looking into getting started with real estate investing with interested in buy and hold rental properties.  I've been listening to the pod cast and reading as much as I can to be more knowledgable before getting started, but I understand the best way to learn is to take action and just go out and do.  So here is my current situation:

- Wife and I own our property in Carson, estimated value of 520K (3 bedrooms, 2.5 bath in gated community).  We can pull 75% of equity out with a heloc.

- we have 75K to invest and can pull together another 25K

I've been looking on the MLS and everything is over priced in California. Not really sure where else to look or what the best plan of approach would be. I know properties are less expensive in other parts of the country. I would like to partner with someone just to gain experience and be a sponge. The only value I can offer is capital and hard work.

As part of taking more action, I plan on going to any local meet ups as well to network and learn.  Any feedback or advise would be much appreciated!

Loading replies...