New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
David Hargitt
Votes |
Retired Army Officer, Real Estate Appraiser, Restarting Investing

David Hargitt
Posted Jul 6 2019, 12:20

Hello Big Pockets. I am Dave, A retired Army Officer. NC Certified Residential Appraiser. Degrees in finance and economics... blah blah blah!!! I have lived in Fayetteville NC for more then 20 years. I have been a real estate appraiser for 5 years. And inadvertently have been a real estate investor, do to being in the service. Currently have two rental properties that I solely own. And I am looking to use the BRRRR methodology on the properties. To generate the cash that I need to start funding more deals. I look forward to learning and being apart of this community.

Dave.

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Tumbelekis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fayetteville, NC
Replied Jul 6 2019, 17:15

Welcome to the BP community, David! Now you have me wondering how many homes you may have appraised for me. Glad to see that you are getting into the REI game with the plethora of knowledge you have to offer. Would love to connect and grab coffee sometime soon!

Once again, welcome! Be sure to utilize the resources your Pro Membership offers.

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Felice
  • Guy with Great Hair
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
  • Guy with Great Hair
  • Fayetteville, NC
Replied Jul 6 2019, 21:46

Welcome @David Hargitt 

BRRRR works well in Fayetteville, certainly with some tradeoffs, but a very forgiving market to learn in.

I've put out quite a bit of content about BRRRR on this site over the last ~5 years and much of my experience is in Fayetteville, hopefully some of it can be useful to you!

This is a good community to be part of, welcome! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Hargitt
Votes |
Replied Jul 7 2019, 04:13

@Alexander Felice Thank you for the words of confidence. I appreciate your insight and experience. I think the Fayetteville rental market is going to remain strong. And there is some recession aversion in this market too.

Dave