New to BP from Seattle, WA

6 Replies

Hello BP people, my name is Deniz. From Turkey and been living in Seattle area for 5 years now. Finally learned a few things about investing and started robinhood account and bitcoin stuff first. I know they are different things but made some cash from those. Got into a car accident on march 7th and realized if I don't work, I'm screwed badly on top of having no family in the US. Now I just rented a new place to house hack. It's a 3 br townhouse, renting out 1 for airbnb and 1 for a friend. 1 for me and gf. I'm looking to build cash flow eventually. Expecting a settlement from the accident and hoping to find a property or partner out of state. 

Excited to meet you all! 

Welcome to BP Deniz. I actually got my start with BTC and crypto as well before moving into real estate. Moved to the middle of the country and have sense used my gains for investing out here. If you have any interest in Milwaukee/Wisconsin I can help connect you with investors out here. 

Lots of investors on BP who work in the midwest who can tell you about the good deals they find. I'm sure you'll have no problem picking an out of state market if that is the route you end up going. 

Originally posted by @Deniz M Manisali :

Hello BP people, my name is Deniz. From Turkey and been living in Seattle area for 5 years now. Finally learned a few things about investing and started robinhood account and bitcoin stuff first. I know they are different things but made some cash from those. Got into a car accident on march 7th and realized if I don't work, I'm screwed badly on top of having no family in the US. Now I just rented a new place to house hack. It's a 3 br townhouse, renting out 1 for airbnb and 1 for a friend. 1 for me and gf. I'm looking to build cash flow eventually. Expecting a settlement from the accident and hoping to find a property or partner out of state. 

Excited to meet you all! 

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

thanks guys. 
@Jack Medford to be honest, I don't care much at the moment about where I can start as long as I can gain some capital or cash flow to start with, because WA area is pretty expensive to start or to have cash flow.  I don't have any experience so far. So if you know anyone or if you would like to work with me in a couple months, that will be amazing! I'm hungry

@Deniz M Manisali

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you