• Bluffton, SC
Votes |
New to Real Estate Investing

Jody Vilcheck
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bluffton, SC
Posted Aug 1 2019, 16:04

Hello, my name is Jody Vilcheck. My husband and I are real estate agents in the Beaufort County, SC area. We are expecting our first child in November and it flipped a switch in both of us that we need to start planning for the future. We have been watching the webinars and upgraded to BP pro today. We are interested in buying multi family (2-4) to start and renting. Down the line we are interested in flipping too. I started working full time as a real estate agent last year so we were told by a mortgage officer that we need to wait until next year to purchase investment properties since I need 2 years tax returns to get a loan. We currently live in a townhouse that we are planning to rent next year and purchase a home to live in for 6 months or so, then rent that out and get another home. By the end of next year we would like to have 2 rental properties and another home we will be living in. We are also interested in purchasing a duplex - 4-plex in Savannah, GA. For the rest of this year we are planning on doing as much research/reading as we can so we are set when we are able to get a loan. We are excited to start investing in real estate and welcome any advice.

Loading replies...