Brandi Scharrer
  • Northwest Arkansas
Votes |
Digital Nomad, future Real Estate Investor

Brandi Scharrer
  • Northwest Arkansas
Posted Sep 2 2019, 17:18

*hello* BP Community!

I'm a newbie poster, experienced BP forum stalker, BP podcast(s) subscriber and future real estate investor.

Quick intro on us. My husband, myself and our pups are digital nomads and have been living full time out of STRs for the past 3+ years all over the country while we work full time remotely. Several years ago we decided instead of working out of the same home office everyday in Las Vegas why not work out of different ones across the country. At the time buying multiple properties just didn't occur to us. When our lease expired we moved out and got rid most of our stuff. 

We love this travel lifestyle and are constantly tweaking it but are looking to change up the "how" we do it. It was a fun experiment and we have learned a TON! We are looking to transition from living in 8-11 different homes we pay to rent, to owning 3-5 stable places we can return to every year and that we can STR while we are not there. Our home locations vary somewhere between Las Vegas, NV and Michigan. As guests that have lived full time out of lots of STRs I definitely think we have an interesting perspective.

We both really like what we do and are not looking to replace our careers, at least not anytime soon. Instead we are looking for a better way of living this lifestyle while a.) being more comfortable in the homes we live in b.) reducing our monthly costs c.) increasing our net worth and d.) if we can create cash flow great!

As a nomad that literally hasn't had any homeowner type of responsibility in years it is a bit of a mental hurdle to get over pulling the trigger on purchasing and renting several properties. But the BP community has been great thus far and I'll keeping analyzing deals until I find a good deal to start this next phase for us. Looking forward to continuing to learn from this community. 

Loading replies...