Looking for Private Lenders in Houston

3 Replies

@Brad Tabor I feel like this question comes up a lot. Have you listened to the BP podcast, read BP articles or went to local meetups? 

It might seem complicated but it's relatively simple - network with folks with money who are looking for partners that want to do all the work (you). 

Maybe be a lender yourself first. Find something small, maybe do a second lien deal on a sub2, bring somebody current on a pre-FC deal, and just learn how it works.

I just made my first PM loan on Friday.  And I did that not so much to earn a nice rate (which I am) but I am more interested in learning some of the processes involved.  We paid the bank current and next we'll sell the place on an OF deal (wrap).  Sure we all get how it works in principle, but now I get to actually do one, as an involved participant. 

If at some point I ever decide to offer a similar arrangement to somebody, at least I can say with some degree of authority that I know how it works.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you