Newbie with an interest in becoming a real estate investor

3 Replies

Hi my name is Ron I live in Lower Burrell, PA.  Currently I am a union carpenter who is off work at the moment to enjoy time with my family and newborn.   My mindset as of now is to flip homes and make a career out of it.  That could very much change in the future(my investing strategy).  I am not a hundred percent sure what avenue I want to approach for financing these deals.  But hoping to meet like minded people with similar interests in and out of the Pittsburgh, PA area.  Thanks a bunch.  

-Ron

Welcome to BiggerPockets Ron! I think getting into real estate investing could supplement your career as a union carpenter greatly. Maybe a live-in flip would be a good option. On nights, weekends, and layoffs, you would be able to work on your own house while being home with the family. 

I've heard that @Mindy Jensen is a fan of this strategy. If you ask her really nicely, she may be able to steer you in the right direction.

AF

@Ronald Snee congrats on making the decision to take control of your future with real estate. 

I have to ask why you want to do fix and flips as a career? Does this strategy fit with your long term goals? 

Once you have your long term goals defined, you can break them down into shorter, more managable daily, weekly and quarterly goals and choose an effective real estate strategy to help you achieve your goals. 

Hope this helps!

@Ronald Snee Hi Ron, Welcome to BiggerPockets. I wish you the best as you embark on your real estate investing venture. If you ever want to talk about the Pittsburgh market including flipping homes or other interests, let me know. I also know some Lenders. Thanks and keep us updated on your progress.....Gary

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you