Looking for a snowbird rental in Florida -Not sure where to start

7 Replies

Hi BP Community,

I am also looking for a snowbird rental. My family can use it off season and hopefully the snowbirds will cover most of the mortgage for the year (wishful thinking). Looking for at least a 2 bedroom unit.  Prefer water views and walking distance to the beach.  Close to restaurants, shopping etc will be nice.  Where do I start?

Thank you Tyler.  That's easier said than done.  There are so many great areas to choose from.  I don't want it too far north and it is cooler in the winter months so closer south is what I was thinking.  Any suggestions?

I am still looking for a snowbird rental in Florida.  I heard that in around Clearwater is worth a look.  Water is warm on that side.  Looking to rent it out most of the year.  Like the idea of a 3 month Canadian renter for the whole winter.  Can you recommend any developments that would allow long term rental, have reasonable HOAs and is not necessarily an over 55 community?  I am in no rush :)

Thank you for that info.  Ideally I am looking for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with water views (preferably). I would like to rent it when I am not there.  Location fairly close to dining, shopping etc.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you