Journey to my first Brrrr ( GTA ) Canada

3 Replies

Ladies and gentlemen of the GTA. I have recently been spending my time actively studying the brrrr model. I would say I'm in phase zero of the process, as I have been busy taking in information and not applying the methodology quite yet. I suppose this forum is a way of taking my slow studies and putting them on paper. This seems like the right place to do it! I'm hoping this forum becomes more than just a share of my experiences. Whether your in the beginning phases of your journey or a well-seasoned veteran. I would like for this to be a place where anyone can share experiences. Whether they be helpful, silly, strange, or insightful all are welcome here.

1. Today, I went in search of local realtors . At this point; stage zero, I'm working on building my foundation to success. My understanding is that a big part of real estate investing, is creating relationships with trustworthy, like-minded individuals set out with similar goals. I may be acting naïve in saying that I believe I have found a like-minded individual who understands my goals and is set out to be a positive influence. Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that it took me one phone call to find him. I called a local service with a simple description of what I was looking for and shortly following came a phone call. In this call I asked several questions including; 
  2. Do you have any investment properties? -Yes, a duplex, a triplex
  3. Have you performed any serious rehabilitations? -I have, but I focus on more simple reno's
  4. Do you work with any contractors?- Yes, very qualified for what your looking for. 
  5. Where would you recommend looking for properties? -....To be discussed later :)
  6. These are samples of some of the questions I've asked up until this point. I must say my feelings are telling me, he is capable knowledgeable and resourceful. I assume the right path to follow is to further build this relationship in hopes that simply I'm not being naïve and learning a hard long lesson.
  7. Are there other questions I can ask of which can help me define whether or not I have made quick swift progress??? Or any identifying red flags to watch out for??? I suppose I'll have an answer to this eventually. Hell I may even write about it!

8. I've already been offered the opportunity to ride along and get an understanding for a local market I already had in my sights. I suppose that will be a good opportunity to learn and build the relationship further. He spoke of future potential for community and business development. Always a good thing for potential appreciation...
  9. Ill cross my fingers... 
  10. I'm going in.

1. Today, I went in search of local realtors . At this point; stage zero, I'm working on building my foundation to success. My understanding is that a big part of real estate investing, is creating relationships with trustworthy, like-minded individuals set out with similar goals. I may be acting naïve in saying that I believe I have found a like-minded individual who understands my goals and is set out to be a positive influence. Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that it took me one phone call to find him. I called a local service with a simple description of what I was looking for and shortly following came a phone call. 

2. In this call I asked several questions including;
  3. Do you have any investment properties? -Yes, a duplex, a triplex
  4. Have you performed any serious rehabilitations? -I have, but I focus on more simple reno's
  5. Do you work with any contractors?- Yes, very qualified for what your looking for.
  6. Where would you recommend looking for properties? -....To be discussed later :)

7. These are samples of some of the questions I've asked up until this point. I must say my feelings are telling me, he is capable knowledgeable and resourceful. I assume the right path to follow is to further build this relationship in hopes that simply I'm not being naïve and learning a hard long lesson.
  8. Are there other questions I can ask of which can help me define whether or not I have made quick swift progress??? Or any identifying red flags to watch out for??? I suppose I'll have an answer to this eventually. Hell I may even write about it!

9. I've already been offered the opportunity to ride along and get an understanding for a local market I already had in my sights. I suppose that will be a good opportunity to learn and build the relationship further. He spoke of future potential for community and business development. Always a good thing for potential appreciation...
  10. Ill cross my fingers...
  11. I'm going in.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you