New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Evan Pearce
Votes |
Journey to my first Brrrr ( GTA ) Canada

Evan Pearce
Posted Sep 23 2019, 17:58

Ladies and gentlemen of the GTA. I have recently been spending my time actively studying the brrrr model. I would say I'm in phase zero of the process, as I have been busy taking in information and not applying the methodology quite yet. I suppose this forum is a way of taking my slow studies and putting them on paper. This seems like the right place to do it! I'm hoping this forum becomes more than just a share of my experiences. Whether your in the beginning phases of your journey or a well-seasoned veteran. I would like for this to be a place where anyone can share experiences. Whether they be helpful, silly, strange, or insightful all are welcome here.

User Stats

Votes
Evan Pearce
Votes |
Replied Sep 24 2019, 17:08
  1. Today, I went in search of local realtors . At this point; stage zero, I'm working on building my foundation to success. My understanding is that a big part of real estate investing, is creating relationships with trustworthy, like-minded individuals set out with similar goals. I may be acting naïve in saying that I believe I have found a like-minded individual who understands my goals and is set out to be a positive influence. Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that it took me one phone call to find him. I called a local service with a simple description of what I was looking for and shortly following came a phone call. In this call I asked several questions including; 
  2. Do you have any investment properties? -Yes, a duplex, a triplex
  3. Have you performed any serious rehabilitations? -I have, but I focus on more simple reno's
  4. Do you work with any contractors?- Yes, very qualified for what your looking for. 
  5. Where would you recommend looking for properties? -....To be discussed later :)
  6. These are samples of some of the questions I've asked up until this point. I must say my feelings are telling me, he is capable knowledgeable and resourceful. I assume the right path to follow is to further build this relationship in hopes that simply I'm not being naïve and learning a hard long lesson.
  7. Are there other questions I can ask of which can help me define whether or not I have made quick swift progress??? Or any identifying red flags to watch out for??? I suppose I'll have an answer to this eventually. Hell I may even write about it!
  8. I've already been offered the opportunity to ride along and get an understanding for a local market I already had in my sights. I suppose that will be a good opportunity to learn and build the relationship further. He spoke of future potential for community and business development. Always a good thing for potential appreciation...
  9. Ill cross my fingers... 
  10. I'm going in.

User Stats

Votes
Evan Pearce
Votes |
Replied Sep 24 2019, 17:12
  1. Today, I went in search of local realtors . At this point; stage zero, I'm working on building my foundation to success. My understanding is that a big part of real estate investing, is creating relationships with trustworthy, like-minded individuals set out with similar goals. I may be acting naïve in saying that I believe I have found a like-minded individual who understands my goals and is set out to be a positive influence. Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that it took me one phone call to find him. I called a local service with a simple description of what I was looking for and shortly following came a phone call. 
  2. In this call I asked several questions including;
  3. Do you have any investment properties? -Yes, a duplex, a triplex
  4. Have you performed any serious rehabilitations? -I have, but I focus on more simple reno's
  5. Do you work with any contractors?- Yes, very qualified for what your looking for.
  6. Where would you recommend looking for properties? -....To be discussed later :)
  7. These are samples of some of the questions I've asked up until this point. I must say my feelings are telling me, he is capable knowledgeable and resourceful. I assume the right path to follow is to further build this relationship in hopes that simply I'm not being naïve and learning a hard long lesson.
  8. Are there other questions I can ask of which can help me define whether or not I have made quick swift progress??? Or any identifying red flags to watch out for??? I suppose I'll have an answer to this eventually. Hell I may even write about it!
  9. I've already been offered the opportunity to ride along and get an understanding for a local market I already had in my sights. I suppose that will be a good opportunity to learn and build the relationship further. He spoke of future potential for community and business development. Always a good thing for potential appreciation...
  10. Ill cross my fingers...
  11. I'm going in.
IntellCRE logo
IntellCRE
|
Sponsored
Supercharge Your Multifamily Investing with AI Source, screen, evaluate, underwrite, and act on hundreds of deals with data and confidence!

User Stats

Votes
Evan Pearce
Votes |
Replied Sep 24 2019, 17:13

Clearly need to work on my formatting skills...