I have been a SF home investor focusing on out of state short term rentals to bring better returns in this market. While this has worked well for me in the last few years, it is time to scale.
1. If I were to use the same strategy to slowly start acquiring multi-family properties, can I do the same for short-term rentals.
2. Is multi-family construction an option vs a regular MF acquisition?
Looking forward to your thoughts.
The only issue I see is the competition for Multi-Family right now. Cap Rates have dropped to an incredible low for existing properties. Regarding the second question, I think it depends on your construction costs and rental rates in the area you plan to build a MF property in. Regardless of whether you are investing in SFR, MF, NPLs, etc, it's all just one big math problem. Good luck to you!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you