Daniel Roberts
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
New guy in Colorado Springs

Daniel Roberts
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Oct 20 2019, 19:53

Hey everyone,

I made this account a year or so ago, but between work, moves, and one nasty storm I am just now getting to post. My name is Dan, I currently live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I am former Army (about ten years) and my wife is current Air Force, so there is still a bit of moving in my future. I now work as a firefighter for the Department of Defense but have held odd jobs from pest control to electrician and more over the past decade.

My background in real estate is nonexistent. I took the course in Florida, but left the state before sitting for the exam, and will likely take the course here in Colorado to get my license. My mother was a broker, and later began investing too. She owns a decent number of properties in Western New York. I have read a significant number of books about investing, but real world am clueless and am looking to fix that. I found out about Bigger Pockets because of one of the books I read.

A bit more about myself, I like to run, especially ultras, but its been a few years since I have run one. I snowboard and am excited to use my epic pass being here in Colorado this year. I am working on my MBA, really just because I have the GI Bill and why let it go to waste? I also like beer… but who doesn’t? Its even better after running a solid 50 miles or so :-D. Anyway, I am going to try to check the site often and gather as much info as I can to get started with my investing goals. I look forward to chatting with anyone/everyone!

-Dan Roberts

Loading replies...