Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Chris Meadors
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Napa
Votes |
Newbie Investor from Napa, CA - Thrilled to have found BP!

Chris Meadors
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Napa
Posted Nov 4 2019, 10:50

Hello - I am a newly inspired soon-to-be investor living in Napa, CA.  I quite my 9-5 three years ago and moved up to Napa to be a real estate agent. Turns out being a Realtor is more like 24/7. I love it, and I don't want to quit, but I would love to take advantage of my newfound skillset and resources and begin investing in real estate.

My "Why" - To achieve "financial  freedom" for me and my wife, my father and sister. My dad is a contractor in TN, soon to retire, but with no money to do so. My sister is in her mid-30's and has the right mindset, but looks to me for clear direction on how to plan for long term financial success.  Ideally, the three of us would team up and (slowly) start building a portfolio that can ease my father's retirement and eventually pave the way for my sister and me as well.  I'm looking at the long term play.  My last goal is NOT to be one of those folks I hear say "Gee, property around here used to be worth, $100k, now it's worth $850k, I wish I would have..."   My wife is slowly getting on board, and it's great having a 2nd perspective on things, otherwise I probably would have cashed out my retirement and bought something already!

I listened to half of Robert Kiyosaki's "The Real Book of Real Estate" on Audible one day doing some basic home maintenance and then start googling real estate podcasts. I found BP and have been obsessed ever since. I churned through Brandon's "How to Invest in Real Estate" in about 4 days, and am now cruising through "The Book on Rental Property Investing." I double down with podcasts on my morning walk with the dog and researching markets at night. Already being a real estate professional, I feel like I have a good head start. 

That's more than enough for now.  I can't wait to get more involved in the community and network with other investors to both help and be helped. 

I don't have much to offer yet, other than real estate services (which I'm NOT pitching), but hope soon enough to be able to give back to the community instead of just take.  My wife is a holistic health coach, so if anyone wants to get their life together holistically speaking, we can DEFINITELY offer expertise in that matter. If there are other newbie investors out there that need basic real estate guidance, I'm more than happy to share what I know.

Thanks for having me!

-Chris M

Loading replies...