New to REI in Laredo and Mcallen (RGV)

13 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets community, 

My name is Jonathan Flores, I just started my real estate business. Still haven't closed my first deal but started marketing and setting appointments. I currently live in Laredo, TX, work a full time W2 but plan to leave the W2 and focus 100% on my real estate business once it gets off the ground. I plan to move back to my home town Mcallen/Edinburg/Mission once the business can support my family. This is the first week of my marketing campaign and so far so good, been receiving calls and setting appointments, I'm feeling pretty good about this. Currently my marketing is 25% Laredo 75% RGV. If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to send me a DM or post it up here. Id like to get to know the BP REI/Realtors that are currently doing business in the RGV and maybe get together sometime. Im planning on attending the local REI meet this coming month. I hope to meet and get to know the great people in the BP community.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Flores

Welcome to the BP family @Jonathan Flores ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

Wishing you the best!

Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko :

Welcome to the BP family @Jonathan Flores ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

Wishing you the best!

 Thank you for the info Dmitriy!

Welcome to BP Jonathan! What niche are you focusing on? I'm an investor here in the valley. Glad the BP Community in the RGV is growing!

@Erik Orozco right now i have more money than time, not tons of money but enough to get some good marketing done. I started my dm campaign this week, right now im casting a wide net i guess you could say. Just seeing what bites, as time goes on i will focus on what works and branch out to different types of marketing, cold calling, bandit signs, niche lists etc.. what cam you tell me about the RGV market. Don’t really know it very well since iv been in Laredo for about 5 years now. Are you flipping, wholesaling?

@Jonathan Flores Welcome aboard man! I'm a realtor and investor in the McAllen/Edinburg area. My wife and I have lived down here for a few years now. Would love to connect with you. Holler if you ever need anything

The RGV market is on the rise @Jonathan Flores . I'm no economics guru, but it doesn't take one to see the RGV's steady growth. From those investors I've connected with, any niche in real estate can prove successful in the valley. @Boone Tyson does flips if I'm not mistaken and I know several wholesalers that have done well. I myself focus on buy-hold small multi-family properties. I don't have the time to jump in full time so I've found that rentals are the perfect fit since they can be somewhat passive. 

Originally posted by @Boone Tyson :

@Jonathan Flores Welcome aboard man! I'm a realtor and investor in the McAllen/Edinburg area. My wife and I have lived down here for a few years now. Would love to connect with you. Holler if you ever need anything

Thanks for the welcome brother. I have seen some of the work you do from your post here on bp, truly inspiring my brother! My first marketing campaign is dropping next week so God willing ill have some good leads/deals in the coming months. I will most defiantly keep in touch, I'll send you a message when I'm in town perhaps we could link up over some Coffee. 

Originally posted by @Erik Orozco :

The RGV market is on the rise @Jonathan Flores. I'm no economics guru, but it doesn't take one to see the RGV's steady growth. From those investors I've connected with, any niche in real estate can prove successful in the valley. @Boone Tyson does flips if I'm not mistaken and I know several wholesalers that have done well. I myself focus on buy-hold small multi-family properties. I don't have the time to jump in full time so I've found that rentals are the perfect fit since they can be somewhat passive. 

For sure Erik, I haven't lived in the RGV for about 6 years now, every time I visit though something new has been built and the traffic is crazy, nothing like it used to be. Its a great place to be, can't wait to move back there. I'll reach out whenever I'm in town, maybe we could get a coffee sometime.

 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here