I'm new and excited to begin my journey!

11 Replies

Hello everyone!

My name is Tera Edwards. I was born and raised in Hastings, NE, but have resided in Jacksonville, FL for the last 15 years. I recently started my real estate career as an agent in January and have been exploring the idea of expanding it out to real estate investing. I inherited my parents' home in Hastings, NE and have been renting it out since August of this year. I do have a property manager there that assisted me in setting everything up, but am currently working on transitioning it over to me solely managing it from Florida. Yikes! A little scary, but the best way to learn is to be thrown in with the wolves I think. I would like to start acquiring SFH properties here in Florida, but this process is also a little intimidating. I learned about Bigger Pockets from 2 other members, 1 of them being an investor that I helped close a deal for back in August. I am so glad they steered me to Bigger Pockets because the amount of information and help that is available on here is AMAZING!!

@Tera Edwards Welcome to the forums! What is your plan as far as beginning to acquire single family rentals? Are you starting with a house-hack? Or looking to buy with a traditional investment loan? Having a clear goal is the first step.

-Dan

@Tera Edwards Welcome to the family...My only question is why would you want to manage a property so far away. Why not wait until you get one that would be closer for you to manage?

@Tera Edwards

Are there single family homes on the market that will cash flow (I know next to nothing about your market)? Or will you need to look for deals elsewhere ?

And I was also going to ask the same question as above, why try and manage a rental that’s so far away ?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here