User Stats

Votes
Si Marlow
Votes |
Quick Intro from New Jersey!

Si Marlow
Posted Nov 8 2019, 06:29

Hey all!

I’ve been lurkin’ around the BP forums for several months but figured I should introduce myself. A little about myself below:

Name: Si or Simon; dealer’s choice

Born: 1990

Job: Work in compensation at one of the large investment brokerage firms (prior experience at a couple major human capital consulting firms)

Why Real Estate? Grew up watching Sarah Beeny shows and reading her books back in secondary-school (circa 04-05)! Come from a modest east London blue-collar family and never really thought I’d be in a situation where I could invest in property. Fortunate enough to have emigrated to America in 2015 and have found myself a solid job where investing in physical property is a reality

Market Focus: Open minded. Texas is my primary interest. Why? I’ve been there multiple times on client trips and have a genuine interest in the success of the state. Strong macroeconomics and growing population. Type of property? I'm more interest in multi-family but SFH is likely more realistic as a newbie without any backstops. Other states? Florida, Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee…  

Trivia: First in family to go to university and was lucky enough to be accepted to a Russell Group institution. Very proud moment for me!

Next Steps and questions: Continue to procrastinate and over-analyze (the sin of comp consultants) markets. (: In all seriousness, would love to close my first deal in 2020 and ultimately grow to a point where I can take care of myself and family, retire from FTE, and become an adjunct HR professor

• Any book recommendations? I’m not a fan of overly bombastic, salesy, get-rich-quick books. More textbook style is my preference
  • Any northern New Jersey meet up recommendations? I’m a pretty major introvert but should get out of my comfort zone

Appreciate everyone’s time reading, especially since I'm not overly interesting, and will be delighted to answer any questions

Cheers!

Si

Loading replies...